Here you find all relevant information on the Artful Coding 1: web-based games development course that takes place in winter term 2022/23 at dieAngewandte.
This page is intended to provide you all necessary links throughout the course as well as some background information on how the course is created. It also serves as a demo page for the intro sessions.
You will find below the links to all session materials, as well as some contact options to the lecturer. For the detailed announcment, including infos on registration, requirements and the grading schema, check out the Artful Coding: web-based games development 1 in the teaching base.
Dates & Session Material
- 05 October 2022 SR21 : Intro & evaluation of expectations & tooling
- 12 October 2022 SR21 : Basics Refresher HTML & CSS
- 31 October 2022 SR21 : Entry Level Challenge
- AC1S10_11 slides
- typing-game-wip.zip - State of the prototype code after this session.
- See slides and recording from last session.
All sessions take place at VZA7 from 17:00 to 18:30. The specific rooms are listed above after the session topics.
The individual session docs will be linked to throughout the course, shortly before each session takes place.back to top
Here you find some extra recordings and content that was produced for self-learning and to give more detailed explanations and use cases for the concepts encountered in the sessions.
- Why ... functions, loops, objects, and classes?
Developing a simple application from scratch, displaying life lines of two famous persons, and one ominous one. In the process we refine spaghetti code into a versatile arrangement of objects and functions.
- AC1XtraWhy recording part1 @ base cloud (~ 66min/230MB)
- AC1XtraWhy recording part2 @ base cloud (~ 24min/90MB)
- Source Code v1 @ codepen.io that was created in the videos above.
- Integrating p5.js scripts on your page
References & Tools
Here are some links and tools that will help you throughout the course, and which tend to be revisted over and over again by all sorts of web developers (remember: the Art of Coding is not remembering exactly how you did a thing some time ago, but to know what you want to implement and some ways to find out how to do it):
- MDNs Getting Started with the Web Guide
- Learn HTML @ MDN
- HTML Tutorial @ W3schools
- Learn CSS @ MDN
- CSS Tutorial @ W3schools
- For a deep-dive: FreeCodeCamp courses - especially:
- Colors and color schemes:
- Web accessibility:
- Other useful tools and stuff and further resources: